Saturday, August 28, 2010

Back to School!

It's hard to believe, but the first week of school has come and gone. It's always amazing how easily it all comes back after the summer break, though. It almost feels like I never left (but in a good way). Being back to work full-time like a real person (as my brother would say), sure makes me appreciate weekends more!

This year will definitely be interesting. We have new administrators, new teachers, and some teachers that changed grade level. So far it has gone great! The kids have been well-behaved and excited to get started on their art projects. I'm gonna' try out some new projects this year. The 4th and 5th graders are currently working on a "Crazy Cactus" project that I found in the book Dynamic Art Projects for Children by Denise Logan (I highly recommend). Their drawings so far are very promising. It's so cool seeing them working on something that they really enjoy. I'm very excited to see the finished artwork!

One new development is that I am in the cafeteria in the morining and for a little bit at lunch. I've already had a number of kids asking me why I wasn't teaching art anymore! :) Oh well, we'll roll with the punches and make it work out for the best!

Did you have any interesting "beginning-of-year" stories to share? I'd love to hear about them!

-Kinsy

No comments: